Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read my blog. If you feel inclined to comment on a post, just click on the "comment" link at the bottom of the post. I would love to hear from you! If you are new to my blog, check out the archived blog posts listed in the left column.

Thursday, March 12, 2009


Today I had another ultrasound to check for growth and heart complications. He is smack dab center of the growth chart, so the doctor is not worried about low birth weight. Everytime I see this doctor he comments on how babies with DS tend to be hypotonic (floppy), which brings me back to my friend telling me that he would be "relaxed, hang loose like Hawaii". He is 4 lbs, 5 oz if I remember correctly. His femur(leg)length is lagging behind which is typical for babies with DS. All is well with heart and other organs, thank goodness! Baby had a grimace on his face and was trying to stick his hand in his mouth. He looks just like the last u/s picture, just a bit more meatier! Must be from the banana split I had a week ago. It was sooo good, I have been dreaming about banana splits (I also craved them during my last pregnancy but never got one!).

1 comment:

  1. Very well done Elena, I'm so glad you started this blog! I can't wait to read more. Thinking of you often. Danielle

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comment!