Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read my blog. If you feel inclined to comment on a post, just click on the "comment" link at the bottom of the post. I would love to hear from you! If you are new to my blog, check out the archived blog posts listed in the left column.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Loving Lavender at 4mths

Today Sylas turned 4 months so we decided to celebrate and drive to the Lavender Farm in Kula. Kula is in upcountry which is considerably cooler. The cool weather seemed to wake everyone up. Our family loves lavender, so this is one of our favorite places to visit. They grow over 45 different varieties (I had no idea that there were so many, actually I hear that over 200 varieties exist!). We have learned that lavender not only smells terrific and calms, but is also a natural antiseptic, disinfectant, and insect repellent among many other benefits. I personally like to add a few drops of lavender oil to bathwater and sometimes I spray or dab it on the kid's pillows to help them relax.
I have decided to try to add video to my blog. Brett found this neat little video recorder at Target called a Flip. It does not have a tape, but the camera plugs directly into the computer without using an attachment, super easy! Hopefully this works.......
One video shows a bit of the lav. farm, and the other shows Sylas and Brett having a man-to-man discussion.


Yes, one of Sylas' nicknames is "Goo" given by Sophie.


2 comments:

  1. Aww, Sylas is so cute! Only in Hawaii would there be a lavender farm- how cool! I love our little flip video- works great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used lavender oil for YEARS, its AWESOME for burns. When I cook 9/10 I burn myself. So I speak from experience. Lavender oil is great for bruises and any superfical wounds. It burns a tad but worth it. My mother and I have it within reach at all times. Utah has a great Lavender fields for the Young Living Oil company. Love the smell and beautiful purple plants.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comment!