Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read my blog. If you feel inclined to comment on a post, just click on the "comment" link at the bottom of the post. I would love to hear from you! If you are new to my blog, check out the archived blog posts listed in the left column.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This year has been full of things to be thankful for.





Everyday I am thankful for the sun rising (actually this picture is of the sun setting, sorry I can't get up that early!). I really am thankful for the sun rising, not just because I know that the sun will bring me warmth and remind me that I am not freezing in Minnesota anymore, but because the new day will give me more time to experience life and all that it brings. There is always something to learn, teach, or just be a part of.


Sylas getting ready to eat pureed turkey, squash, and mashed potatoes. Delicious! I am thankful that he eats well and is always grabbing for the spoon.


Sam and Sophie proud of their Thanksgiving Skittle Turkey Cake (not too fond of pie, they DO NOT take after their mother!). I am thankful for their creative minds and joyful spirits.

When the day begins, it is always filled with activity of my children. I am thankful for the opportunity to experience childhood again, although not personally but by observing daily three children grow. Their wisdom and outlook on life is unclouded and has a clarity that is sometimes difficult for their mature(ha, ha) mother to immediately see. Thank you Sam, Sophie, and Sylas for pointing me in the right direction!
This year when Sylas joined our family, I started an entire new chapter of my life which resulted in even MORE things to be thankful for! Sylas multiplies the love in our family. I am thankful for the way that Sylas looks at me and smiles, the way he clutches tightly to me as I carry him, and the way he calms when I hold him. I am indeed thankful for all of our family, friends, and unknown new friends who have shown support to our family in many ways, including following our journey through my blog. I am inspired and educated by reading the blogs of others, thank goodness for their writing. I am thankful for my dear husband who is always there to make me laugh and inspire me with his dreams.....I could go on and on. Gosh it almost sounds like I am accepting an Academy Award or something!

The picture above was taken a few days ago when we traveled to an island that is only 45 minute boat ride away. We had never been there, yet we look at this island everyday. We stayed upcountry in a lodge with wood burning fireplaces. You probably wonder, who needs a fireplace in Hawaii? Well, this place was cold..ok not really.. but it was compared to the other parts of Hawaii. It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to, horse-drawn carriages, croquet, wild turkeys running across the lawn, tiny little town, and orchids everywhere. Like I said before, we look at this island everyday, but have never realized the unexpected treasures and beauty it holds...hmmm...makes me think of so many things in life.



HAPPY THANKSGIVING and THANK YOU!!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. Thank you for reminding me to sit back and enjoy my kids and the place they are in right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! The kids look like they are growing since the last time I saw them. We miss seeing you guys.
    Elena you have such a good way of putting your thoughts to words.
    Love to you all,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comment!