Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read my blog. If you feel inclined to comment on a post, just click on the "comment" link at the bottom of the post. I would love to hear from you! If you are new to my blog, check out the archived blog posts listed in the left column.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The radiology doctor, again!!

Here I am posting for a third time today after not posting for a week! I mentioned previously about the radiology doctor who did the 20 week ultrasound. Remember how we had another experience with him a week before Sylas was born (see 4/21 post)? I have a follow up story...

Sylas was transferred to the NICU shortly after he was born. Later that day, Brett and I were riding the elevator to the NICU floor so we could visit him. Guess who was on the elevator? The radiology doctor!! Of course, he recognized us immediately. He congratulated us, was very sincere and kind, and inquired about the baby. Brett and I talked about how it could not have been a coincidence that he was in the elevator with us. I think that God gave us the opportunity to learn that while people may not always say the most appropriate things, that does not mean they are aware of how their words are taken. It was obvious that the doctor had a good heart, which we would never have known without the elevator experience. It was also obvious that he was affected by the interactions with us, so I am pretty sure that he will alter the way he speaks to expectant parents in the future.

1 comment:

  1. What a great opportunity for you to make an impact on him! I'm sure that was God's doing that you met up with him in the elevator so you could gush about how sweet your baby is and how well he is doing- yay!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comment!